Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sweet Home, Alabama

A few weeks ago I finally got to go out and visit Alabama. It was my first time visiting since I moved home in June. We left early on a Saturday morning to get to the Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. We flew from Burbank to Phoenix then from Phoenix to Birmingham followed by a 2 hour drive up to Florence.


Once we got to my sisters house in Florence my good friends Travis and Courtney came and picked me up. It was my "Siamese twin that was separated at birth" Ashley's birthday and I was her surprise present. I walked into her apartment and she was so happy to see me. I got to see a lot of my old friends that night. I woke up the next morning to head to my old church and it caught so many people off guard that I was there, I miss that church family so so much. I spent the rest of the day with my family, just hanging out and playing with my nephews Sean Sean and Nolan.

Monday, as a family, we headed up to Nashville because The Pioneer Woman was doing a book signing and my mom and sister wanted to go. We stopped in Franklin to get some lunch with one of my sisters friends. It was pouring rain the entire day and we didn't get to leave Nashville until pretty late but it was nice to spend that time with the family.

Tuesday and Wednesday nothing epic really happened, just relaxing with the family and what not. Hung out with my old roommate and some friends after church on Wednesday.

Thursday my family did Christmas, I got an Alabama Snuggie, its pretty ridiculous, but hey, it keeps you warm....and its Alabama. That night I stayed at Trav's in the room above the garage and it had to have been the coldest room I ever slept in.

Friday one of my best friends out there played an acoustic show at the local coffee shop. That was the first time I ever sat through his entire set. That night I stayed at Ashley's again and just hung out with them the next day before heading over to Tomlins house and having the epic awkward off with his sister-in-law Hanna.

Sunday I went to church again and my good friend Allie came down from Tennessee and brought her friend Kristen and we all hung out after church and went to lunch at Olive Garden so we could get some good food and I could say hi to my old co workers. I took them to train-bridge to take some pictures because its on of my favorite places in the shoals to go, my ex took me when we first started dating and ever since then I loved it. Its the old train bridge that went across the Tennessee River and when they stopped using it they only destroyed the half that would get lifted for the barges. It only goes out to Patton Island but it just stops and doesn't allow you to get on the island.

The entire week it was freezing cold and mostly raining. I miss that weather so much. When I moved home I told everyone I'd move back eventually. I thought eventually was sooner rather than later but after going back I cant see myself out there any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment