Sunday, November 29, 2009

Head or Tails? Yes or No?

Lately, musically, I've been listening to a lot of different bands and different types of music. Here is a quick little recap for everyone.

1. Isel & Glaciers leaked 3 song demo.
Okay, to start off about Isles and Glaciers It's a scene kids wet dream. Lead vocals are taken care of by Craig Owens (ex-Chiodos/ Cinematic Sunrise/ The Sounds of Animals Fighting) and Johnny Craig (ex-Dance Gavin Dance/ Emarosa), guitar is taken care of by Vic Fuentes (Pierce the Vail), Nick Martin (Underminded), and Brian Southall (The Recieving End of Sirens), Matt Goddard (Chiodos) plays bass and last Vic's brother Mike Fuentes(Pierce the Veil) is on drums. One of the things that I love about this band is that both Nick and Vic are the vocalist of their main bands and this gets utilized and doesn't get looked over, Craig and Johnny obviously sing the moth but Vic does a good amount of singing and Nick does most of the screaming. Probably my favorite part about this band is that it doesn't sound like Chiodos or TREOS or any other band that they play in, you can hear the influence it in but you can't put on any of the three songs and go "This is an emarosa song that got thrown away." I definitely you try to find the torrent for this and download it ASAP.

2. nevershoutnever! - the Summer Ep.
Christopher Drew makes music for the pure fact that he loves making music and he loves making people happy. This kid came storming onto the scene out of no where and just took over. Every song on this EP is completely different from the last, different vibe, different influence, different everything. The wierdest part about this ep is how he closed it with a dark, depressing song about how he regrets losing his virginity. Hands down my favorite song on the ep is Simple Enough, it sounds(and probably was) just recorded as a demo and at the last minute was like "Put Simple Enough on the EP too." It has this cool lo-fi I just demoed this song in my parents basement kind of vibe with the piano and vocals sounding distant and having a slight echo. Every song on the EP is right where it needs to be.

3. This Will Destroy You - Young Mountain
This is hands down one of the most relaxing albums to listen to. I'm listening to it as I write this review and I can't really think of how to describe it other than relaxing. I was making out with Jenn last week while listening to this album, we would kiss the entire song and whenever one song would end we would stop and talk until the next song picked up. If you stressed out this is definitely an album to pick up and put on.

This week has been weird, Jenn has been in Texas visiting family and my parents are in Hawaii with my Aunt and Uncle. I never have the house to myself, Jenn being out of state has nothing to do with that having the house to myself, but I've just taken this week to sit at home and relax. I haven't got to sit at home by myself and just relax since I moved home in June.

I actually got out during the daytime and took some pictures today. There was a few I really liked that I put up on flickr. This one I liked but it didn't make the flickr cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment