Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Your Hand In Mine


I broke my collar bone on Friday. It is hands down the most inconvenient thing on the planet. It takes me so long and a great deal of pain to get dressed. I got stuck in a windbreaker for 15 minutes the other night. It sucks. On a positive note the vicodin makes me dominate at scrabble.

Despite the whole breaking my collar bone thing, my friday was really nice. Because of that I spent the entire day with Jenn. A lot of it was spent in Urgent Care waiting rooms but it was nice to just sit there with her. We didn't get to eat until around 530 that day so after that the day went a lot better for Jenn, she was starting to get cranky. After that we dropped off my prescription and got my car and dropped it off at my house. She got to meet my mom, which was unexpected, and they got along great, my mom was even cracking jokes and kind of making fun of her for babying me. My parents already like her better than my last girlfriend, which is a great thing, especially because my dad hasn't even met her yet.

After we dropped my car off we went back to her house and just sat on her bed and talked the rest of the night, she showed me old pictures and stuff from high school and junior high. We listened to This Will Destroy You and Explosions In The Sky she really liked them, which makes me happy. It was just nice to bond with her, I really like that we are open about everything.

I know in past relationships I always have trouble being 100% me, there is always a part of me that I hide for some reason but with this one I can say is I am not hiding any part of me. Jenn is the first girl I've been like this with in a long time. Her and I are a lot alike with things and that helps so much. I've never dating someone like me and it's so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment