Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jude Law and a Semester Abroad

This is kind of copying a "certain someones" blog post. haha

So in the middle of my junior year, January 2005, I just dropped off the face of the earth in the eyes of my friends from the high school I was attending at the moment. There were few people I kept in touch with and even fewer I cared to keep in touch with, so I lost touch by choice. That was a little under 5 years ago and obviously I have matured and I've been reconnecting with people on Facebook, some are the same few I wanted to keep in touch with and some are the ones that at the time I really didn't care to.

Fast forward to a few months ago when I found my friend Jennifer, we chatted a little bit over Facebook since I got it, nothing special. Early last week I log in and I have a wall post from Jennifer saying we should hang out, so I comment on it asking her to send me her number and we start texting. We did a little flirting over texts and we decide to go get lunch on that Thursday, I only had an hour and I was really enjoying her company so I asked if she wanted to watch a movie that night and she said yes. That night I went over and we cuddled as we watched the movie, in all honesty what happened next was completely unexpected, we kissed. I'm not too sure who made the move but I'm pretty sure it was me. When I was heading out the door I asked something I don't think I've ever asked anyone, "When can I see you again?" The next night I was in Santa Monica with some friends and I was texting her, I was being cute and offered to bring her some starbucks while she was at work the next morning because she said she loves starbucks, personally I hate it. I wake up Saturday morning and I'm excited to see her, I drive across town to her work and bring her a white mocha frap. We hung out the next few nights and slowly started realizing we have feelings for each other...or at least finally admitting to them.

My last two relationships I've done the long distance thing, like states apart and I'm sick of it. I shared that last piece of information because of what I'm about to say. Jennifer leaves for a semester in Europe in a little more than two months, that's why we both didn't want to admit the feelings we have. I know how hard long distance is, I know about the ups and downs but it would be a 100% lie if I said I don't want to keep this going and go through that tough time. I'm not too sure where she stands on this situation but I know this is something that brings joy to both of us so I don't want to end it any time soon. I guess we will just cross that bridge when we get there but as for now I like where we are at and how this is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment